Chaotic Dasha Sandhi - Mercury to Ketu

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
fusion

Post by fusion » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:25 pm

13 Sept 1973, 4:58am, Auckland New Zealand

2016 has been unpredictable and peppered with loss. I'm in Mercury/Saturn, entering Ketu MD in February 2017, with exalted Mercury in 3rd & Ketu in 12th yuti Shani. The year began with a miscarriage. I then took several months pilgrimage to ashrams and spiritual places to heal psychologically. Due to being away for so long my business ground to almost nothing though small amounts of money have been coming in from unexpected sources. Then in early August my father died, and the inheritance he had promised me isn't materializing, in fact cannot get lawyer to return my calls. In mid-August for the first time ever I was admitted to hospital. My closest friend is in the final stages of a horrible cancer.

Surprisingly, my overall mental state is quite optimistic and peaceful, except regarding the apparently hidden or missing inheritance (father's widow who is his third wife, not my mother, seems to be hiding it). I have a regular, daily japa meditation and yoga practice.

Are there any more ghastly surprises ahead in this dasha sandhi? Or delightful ones? Is inheritance likely to come through with VPT Raja Yoga L8 shani in 12th natally, or is Ketu's transit to the 8th spoiling this completely? Moon in 8th makes life unpredictable generally so I'm accustomed to surprises, but this year has been marked by loss after loss. Saturn AD with Saturn ruling 8th isn't helping.

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chaotic Dasha Sandhi - Mercury to Ketu

Post by karthik1984 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:03 am

Hi, saturn the lord of inheritance and marriage in your chart is afflicted . I think there is detachment in your married life. Detachment will confirm whether you will get the inheritance or not ?

Haresh Kumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Haresh Kumar » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:50 am

Hi,
Cancer Ascendants tend to have a mid life crises. You have Mercury, Venus, Jupiter (retrograde in Capricorn is good) and Mars fairly strong. Your 2nd and 11th lord are in their own houses so there won't be money problems. From your Moon the 8th lord is in the 8th house and there is a Lakshmi Yoga with Venus in the 9th. The Sun indicates the father and it is in the second in its own house. The 9th from your Moon and 10th from both your Lagna and Moon are in their own houses. In the Navamsa and Dasamsa the 8th lord is in the 11th and 2nd respectively. Against this both Saturn and Kethu are in the 12th indicating substantial erosion by your stepmother . Mercury MD lord is well placed promising inheritance but the AD lord is indicating erosion. They (Cancer Lagnas) also tend to age well and have money and status in the latter years of their life. So you will emerge stronger and wiser. Jupiter in transit in the 8th from your Moon and Saturn in the 10th (Kantaka Sani) therefrom is not good now (transiting in this sign from November 2014) Saturn transiting in an angle from both the Moon and Sun and is usually doubly bad, (so the relief will be double when it is over) yours being a Full Moon day though you were born in Prathama. Jupiter has just left your Sun sign on August 11th creating a gridlock. There may have been other opportunities in your life also which have now evaporated due to bad luck or timing. . Saturn moves to Dhanus between 26th January to 21st June and may give you a window of opportunity but Kethu /Kethu intervenes. Kethu MD Kethu AD should be watched. Saturn exits the 10th from the Moon on October 26th 2017 into the 11th from your Moon aspecting your 8th house which is a trigger which could give results as Kethu/ Venus starts in July. . . Jupiter meanwhile moves into the 9th from your Moon on 12th September 2017 and remains there upto 11th October 2018. At that time Kethu MD Venus AD will be in operation (5th and 9th from each other.) and Jupiter will be transitng over your AD lord Venus( which is in the ninth from Moon in its own house) and aspecting your MD lord Kethu. Kehu/Venus lasts upto September 2018. The 9th house transit of Jupiter from Moon is generally a big plus. It often signals a turnaround or an unexpected victory. This is a plus point because it will be aspecting your 8th house as well as your 8th lord and MD lord at that time. So the gridlock should loosen at that time. . So till Jupiter moves into Libra there could be tensions and the promise that Jupiter in the second from your Lagna gave could evaporate temporarily. . There could be a window of opportunity between end January and end June 2017. Kethu MD Kethu AD should be watched. . You should come out of this by the end of the next year and equilibrium should be restored in your life. There should be good developments. A likely scenario is that between end January and end June there is a glimmer of hope which you benefit from in Kethu/Venus and you cover ground in the last quarter of the next year there is a positive change. Dasa Sandhi means change. September 2017 to September 2018 should be good with relief in the early months of 2017. Again after January 2020 it should be much better. Kethu and Saturn are in the 11th Bhava in rapt conjunction. This a borderline case. All in all you should emerge from the midlife crisis stronger. This is prima facie of course. Wishing you the very best. Best regards.

anuradha
Donor
Donor

Post by anuradha » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Postby fusion » 01 Sep 2016, 12:55

13 Sept 1973, 4:58am, Auckland New Zealand

2016 has been unpredictable and peppered with loss. I'm in Mercury/Saturn, entering Ketu MD in February 2017, with exalted Mercury in 3rd & Ketu in 12th yuti Shani. The year began with a miscarriage.
In 2016 you are under Mercury -Saturn. Saturn is the 8L in 12house , the house of loss and aspecting the 9H which is 5th from the 5H. In D-7 Saturn is aspecting the 5H as 8lord so the miscarriage. Since Saturn is in the 12H[Moksha] and conjunct with the spritual Ketu you visited ashram and spiritual places. Your father passed away in Mercury-Saturn-Rahu. Mercury is in the 7H[Marak] from 9H[ father] and Saturn is the 8L[ 12th from the 9H, loss of 9th house]. In D-12 Saturn and Mercury are in 8H [loss of 9th house] with Ketu. Rahu and Ketu are under Nk exchange. 8L[ inheritance] in 12H[loss] is showing the results.
हर मित्रता के पीछे कोई ना कोई स्वार्थ होता है.ऐसी कोई मित्रता नहीं जिसमे स्वार्थ ना हो. यह कड़वा सच है.

How can he practice true compassion
who eats the flesh of an animal to fatten his own flesh?

timeless_reality

Post by timeless_reality » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:59 am

Interestingly, after 2020 (approximately),...you would be running venus mahadasa in all the 3 main dasas - Vimsottotri, Yogini and Kaal Chakra Dasa, and since Venus is well placed this will prove to be a wonderful period ~

fusion

Post by fusion » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:53 am

Karthik, You are correct there is detachment in married life, I married in Saturn-Rahu & divorced in Mercury-Mercury and while it wasn't a bad marriage I've just never been particularly interested in being married. Regarding the inheritance, I am quite detached mentally and am not pursuing anything legally. While there is slight hope of a small amount to come by summer nothing has materialized yet. Am hoping that it hasn't detached completely.

Haresh Kumar, Thanks for the detailed analysis. It feels like I've been going through mid life crisis since Mercury-Rahu. More recently, there has been noticeable psychological relief since Saturn moved to Dhanus. I am in the process of creating an online business out of necessity as I have been traveling internationally 6 months out of the last 12 and find I enjoy the mobile lifestyle and want to continue. The surprise the last 2 months is that I have begun actively disliking people and not wanting to spend more than minimal time with friends, family, business associates. I was like this during Saturn MD but in Mercury changed dramatically becoming overly nice & too accommodating throughout the second half. Saturn is conjunct Ketu in rasi & aspecting Ketu by transit, and Ketu is transiting Aquarius, plus dasha sandhi continuing into autumn 2017 - Saturn is currently quite loud, and the 12th house is strong.

Ketu MD began this month and apart from feeling unusually angry almost all of the time I feel much stronger and more grounded than I did for most of Mercury MD. There have been expenses last few weeks that were mostly anticipated but have come sooner that are depleting reserves.

Anuradha, can you say more about the effects of the nakshatra exchange between Rahu & Ketu? It is also occurring by transit now, and should be especially active as I've started Ketu MD.

timeless_reality, I am curious about the upcoming Venus period and hope you're right. My Venus AD's are generally quite neutral.

Thanking each of you for your wonderful perspectives!